Webmail Safe List & Block Lists
Mysite offers several control filters that help to prevent Junk Mail from entering your account. Filters such as Junk Mail Restrictions, Safe List, Block List, and Hiding Embedded Images work to alleviate this issue.
How do I prevent Junk Mail from entering my account?
Here is an explanation of how we protect you.
Junk Mail Controls
Safe List and Block List
- When you add an email address or domain to your Safe list, it will never be delivered to your Junk mail folder. Click Add to make an entry, or highlight an address and click Remove to delete from your Safe List.
- When you add an email address or domain to your Block list, it will always been delivered to your Junk mail folder. Click on Add to make an entry, or highlight an address and click Remove to continue receiving email from this address or domain in your inbox.
- Any messages that are flagged as Junk in your inbox will automatically be added to your Block list.
- When you flag a message as Junk, it will be moved to your Junk mail folder from the inbox, or deleted. Choose which action you would like to happen.
- Set the frequency of deleting Junk mail automatically to your preference.
Handling Inbound Junk
- Choose where you would like Junk mail to be delivered. It will normally go to your Junk mail folder, but if you are a POP user, it is recommended that it be delivered to your inbox and tagged as SPAM
Junk Mail Restriction
- Set your Junk Mail threshold on a scale of 0-10, with 0 being the least restrictive setting. If you are receiving junk mail in your inbox, increase this setting. If valid mail is going to your Junk mail folder, lower your setting.
- Images included in an email will be received as an attachment if you choose to hide embedded images. Otherwise, they may come through in your email as they had been sent.